Gorilla Logic is Recognized in Gartner’s Market Guide for Agile and DevOps Services
Companies increasingly rely on external agile and DevOps service providers to drive innovation while meeting rapidly evolving business and technical requirements. According to Gartner’s Market Guide for Agile and DevOps Services, “Agile, iterative or lean methodologies are now used by 57% of software development teams.” However, relative to selecting an agile or DevOps service provider, Gartner also notes “Choosing the right one is challenging for many organizations, as 40% of them report their sourcing team is not sufficiently experienced in selecting these providers.”
With new vendors emerging every week, the ability to execute is the single most important capability on which to select an agile/DevOps service provider. And while buyers of agile/DevOps services indicate that a provider’s fees and internal processes are not at the top of their selection criteria, many of them realize cost and operational efficiencies when leveraging the nearshore delivery model.
“It’s all about continually improving your execution. We see organizations looking for an experienced agile/DevOps provider who offers the capabilities they need, and can flex with changing requirements,” said Ed Schwarz, Co-Founder and Vice President of Engineering, Gorilla Logic. “Our Pragmatic Agile approach focuses on the practices that reliably deliver value – iterative development, continuous integration, openness to change – rather than process rituals or vanity metrics. We then adapt this core delivery into our customer’s context, focusing on enabling their processes rather than demanding that they change. This focus on business value drives our ability to execute effectively.”
As companies evaluate these external providers, Gartner shares this guidance: “Use service providers with offshore delivery on Mode 1 agile projects where requirements are stable and well-defined. For Mode 2 projects where requirements are evolving rapidly, use service providers with local or nearshore delivery teams.”
Gartner states, “It is therefore easy to find a service provider that offers agile. The challenge is to find one that does agile well.” We’re here to help. Gartner has included Gorilla Logic as a representative vendor in their October 2017 Market Guide for Agile and DevOps Services .
40% of IT services buyers are challenged to find the right agile/DevOps expert. Be the other 60%.
Gartner, Market Guide for Agile and DevOps Services, Neil Barton | Ian Head | Mike West, 31 October 2017
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose .
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.