Software Architecture Services
Building a Robust, Scalable Foundation for Performant Applications
It’s been said that when it comes to large-scale, complex software builds, a little planning can help reduce a lot of waste. We agree. At Gorilla Logic, that planning is the function of software architecture, a way to govern how work gets done over the life of your project—from the tools, technologies, patterns, and frameworks to be used, to the teams and how they are structured. We’ve learned from experience with hundreds of clients and product builds across many industries that software architecture is crucial to successfully delivering value.
Gorilla Logic's software architecture practice
Embracing the principles of collaboration, emergent design, intentional design, and simplicity in Agile, SAFe®, and DevOps approaches, our Software Architecture practice supports the evolution of your product over time. Our software architecture consultants interpret your project’s requirements and constraints, both business and technical, through the lens of technology. They work collaboratively with all your product stakeholders to make critical decisions about the technologies, patterns, and coding practices used in building, deploying, and maintaining your product, such as:
- Open-source or licensed development tools?
- Monolithic, layered (or N-tier), microservices, event-driven, or service-oriented architecture?
- Which developers, QA engineers, UI/UX designers, and more, should be on which teams in order to realize the best possible use of skills and resources?
- Based on geographical access to developer skills, Java, Python, or .NET for backend development? Angular, React, or Vue.js for front end?
- Hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, or private cloud—and which platform?
- Which other systems will the product integrate with and what technologies will be used?
- Which tools for automating delivery and deployment?
With a well-defined software architecture, you can be confident that your product meets your short-term needs as well as your longer-term strategic goals:
- Ensure scalability and flexibility as needs and technologies evolve
- Improve product quality and performance
- Reduce complexity and increase code maintainability and reusability through standardization
Whether they’re working with developers to resolve a technical bottleneck, proposing upgrades to make sure you get a more flexible, scalable product, or negotiating with different stakeholders what’s possible within the constraints of the project, Gorilla Logic software architecture consultants positively influence higher-quality outcomes and faster time to value.
Security first, and at every step
So that your app and app data are protected now and as threats evolve, our software architecture consultants adopt a robust security approach from the very beginning of your project. We are ISO-27001 certified, and all of our Gorilla developers complete extensive training in application security best practices through Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)—a worldwide organization focused on improving the security of software.
- Directories, Microsoft Active Directory, OpenLDAP
- Authentication & authorization, SAML, oAuth
- Provisioning, SPML, SCIM
- IAM, EMC/RSA, Sailpoint, Okta, Ping, ForgeRock
- Security assessment, pen testing, port scanning
- Secure code reviews
- Threat modelling
- Risk analysis
- Automated vulnerability scanning
From specifying the optimal technology stack for your project, to identifying the best method for integrating with your enterprise back office systems like ERP and CRM, to enabling advanced data warehousing and analytics capabilities for big data, AI, or IoT initiatives, our software architecture practice ensures that we design and build the industrial-strength backend systems and services your high-performance product demands.
- Java, Spring, Hibernate, Spring Boot, DropWizard, J2EE, Jersey, JPA
- .Net/C#, MVC, .Net Core
- Node/Express, .Net/C#, Java/Spring, Python/Django, Ruby on Rails
- SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Redshift
- NoSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra
- Caching, Redis, Memcached
- Commerce, Oracle Commerce (ATG), Shopify
- Big Data, ETL, Oracle Exadata, SSIS, Elastic MapReduce, Hadoop
Front end development and UI/UX software design
Our software architecture consultants work with the front end developers and UI/UX designers on your team to ensure that your application is developed in lockstep with your business needs and your end users’ goals, and that the client-side interface operates smoothly and efficiently. Our front end development services include the latest technologies, and our UI/UX designers are skilled practitioners of the latest design systems and prototyping tools for building responsive web apps and mobile apps.
DevOps and cloud services
Increasingly, businesses are adopting hybrid and multi-cloud strategies that make it possible to achieve resource elasticity, cost-efficiency, and limitless scale-out capacity. Our software architecture consultants guide you in choosing the cloud strategy that best meets your business and technology requirements, and the tools, technologies, and teams with the in-depth knowledge and proven skills needed to realize your vision.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- IBM Cloud
- Microsoft Azure
- And more
Gorilla Logic's software architecture consultants take a holistic view of your application and service delivery processes to create the build, continuous integration and deployment, and performance testing solutions that fit your unique requirements.
- Build – Maven, Gradle, Ant
- Source Control – Git, GibHub, SVN, CVS
- Continuous Integration – Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI, Bamboo, CodeBuild and Team City, RedShift
- Unit and Automated Testing – JUnit, NUnit, Mocha, Selenium, Appium, Rest-Assured
Software architecture is a better way to build the best products
Building industrial-strength software takes both brains and brawn. Our software architecture consulting practice delivers the strategic vision as well as the deep technical skills needed to make sure you get the performant, secure, scalable software product you need to move your business forward fast.